The one thing that we almost always hear from every single person who has a crazy good physique is that consistency is the key. Even if it is the smallest change like drinking more water, consistency is all that matters; it is the most difficult thing as well. So how is it that you stay motivated all the time?
- In all reality, you cannot rely on motivation to keep you going all the time. This is why you spend time on building habits that you will take with you throughout your life.
- Find the type of training and diet that you enjoy the most. The more you look forward to it, the less it becomes a chore.
- Having specific goals doesn’t always work. Losing 10 kilos in 10 months is not really something that you can plan. Instead, make goals like working out at least 3 times a week or increasing the serving of vegetables. Having short term goals should contribute to a big goal which can be simply leading a long healthy life.
- Sign yourself up for some sort of support group to keep yourself accountable. It can be as small as two people or your workout partners in your gym. Sometimes having someone who is going through the same journey can make the path less treacherous.
- Create a schedule. Having a plan keeps you organised and also helps you track your progress better. They also indicate why something is not working out for you. This lifestyle is all about trial and errors.
- Be consistent with good advice. There is too much information out there right now and you are bound to meet people with difference in opinion. There are people who swear by a big breakfast and people who swear by intermittent fasting; reality is, there is some truth to both sides. Find what works for you and stick to it. What works for you is simply the one that you can adhere to.
- Take things one rep at a time. Slow yet steady; sometimes doing the bare minimum can keep you more consistent than doing too much at once and giving up all together.
- Just do it, skip the excuses. Learn the difference between being weak and being lazy.
- Have faith in the process. Great results take time, be patient.
- Do it for you.
- Reward yourself with a treat meal or an amazing outfit every time you hit a bench mark. Rewarding yourself until it becomes second nature can give you something to look forward to.
Sometimes consistency is not having a completely linear path towards your goals. Consistency is mainly about consistently picking yourself back up. It is human to make mistakes; an extra slice of cake is not going to kill you. Tomorrow is a new day, start fresh.